It’s exam time…
Textbooks long-lost and forgotten, found after several days of excavation in my cupboard.
Hundreds of study time-tables drafted, only to be torn and re-drafted.
(They are never meant to be followed anyway.)
Valiant attempts to study, thwarted by bouts of day-dreaming and telephone calls.
HBO decides to screen a movie I’ve always wanted to see.
Three hours straight down the drain.
Few days to go.
But I still haven’t got much done.
Every single day starts with a resolute determination to study.
And ends with a resolute determination to start over afresh tomorrow.
But as we all know, tomorrow never comes.
When I was in school, my mother gave me Ayurvedic medicines that were supposed to help me concentrate. They probably worked. If I were reading my favourite novel or watching a great movie and if you burst a fire-cracker right under my ear, I wouldn’t realise.
But when I’m studying, for example something thoroughly compelling like Business Regulatory Framework, even a pigeon on the window sill can be a huge distraction. Not to mention my grand-mother’s weepy and tacky TV soaps that she insists on playing full-volume.
Here I am typing away when my Economics textbook looks invitingly at me… Oh boy, am I turning schizophrenic?? (Wow, I spelt it right… I think…)
Must get back to work. Must not think about starting a revolution to ban exams that would put the French to shame. Must not think about pretending to be abducted by aliens on the first day of the exam to return later with my memory erased. Ahhh! Must stop before I reveal too many secrets…
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment