We played this interesting game at the New Year’s party. Everyone has to write down their resolutions on a piece of paper without disclosing their identity. Somebody then reads out the resolutions one by one and the others have to guess to whom that particular resolution belongs. It’s quite hilarious especially if the resolutions are written with a touch of humour.
Since I was hosting the game, I didn’t have to write down any resolution. Good thing though since I don’t have any. To give a clichéd response, my resolution is not to make any resolution at all. Because, after all the resolutions are forgotten the very moment the New Year celebrations are over. In all of the documented human history nobody is known to have lasted for more that a week…
Well, but since we have already crossed the threshold of the New Year, one must make some resolutions if only to uphold an old tradition. In any case, it doesn’t matter how long you last.
So here goes –
1) I will cut down on eating outside.
2) I will cut down on unnecessary expenditure like CCD coffees and Pastry Corner’s rum balls.
3) I will go for walks and exercise every single day. (Ouch!)
4) I will study regularly. (Ouch! Ouch!)
5) I will attend college classes regularly. (Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Someone make me stop!)
6) I will work for world peace and bring an end to American hegemony. (Don’t snicker. This resolution is not any more improbable than the five above)
7) And here’s one for the benefit of my dear (non-existent (sniff! sniff!)) reader – I will stop making idiotic posts such as this one.
Now that I have seven resolutions in place, I can now go about forgetting them conveniently; at least until the next New Year’s…
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Reader is not non-existent. In fact your post was quite interesting.
I exist , that's why I think !!!
Udaykaka
ubg9@hotmail.com
Haha thanks, that's reassuring!
Post a Comment